Mindfulness has now become very popular and widely practiced as a powerful influence on one’s health, wellbeing and happiness. There are many courses now available and many articles written on mindfulness; you may feel unsure as to where to start.
This introduction session will give you:
- An experiential taste of mindfulness through short practices and exercises.
- An understanding of:
- The origin of mindfulness, what it is and what it is not.
- The evidence-based benefits of mindfulness practice on our mental and physical wellbeing
- The contents of the world renowned 8 week MBSR course (The original 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD from the University of Massachusetts Medical School for mainstream teaching, with added elements of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy co-developed by Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University).
- There will be opportunities for questions and discussions.
- You will be given some notes at the end, with the summary of the session and further ressources.
This introduction is facilitated by Sandrine Cranswick, an experienced mindfulness teacher with over 20 years of meditation practice; Sandrine completed a four-year teacher training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University and is listed on the UK Listing for Mindfulness Based Teachers.
Places are limited to 10 people. Please book in advance by email.
Fee £10 or £5 concessions.