Sandrine Cranswick will be hosting an introduction to Mindfulness in the Chapel at Cowdray Hall, on Saturday 9th June from 11am to 1pm.
This introduction session will give you:
- An experiential taste of mindfulness through short meditations and exercises.
- An understanding of:
- Mindfulness and meditation
- The evidence-based benefits of mindfulness on our health and wellbeing
- The contents of the certified 8 week MBSR course (The original Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD from the University of Massachusetts Medical School for mainstream teaching)
- An update on all the various evidence-based mindfulness courses available today, which have derived from MBSR, such as Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy co-developed by Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University as well as recognised programmes for schools, for the NHS, the workplace etc.
- There will be opportunities for questions and discussions.
- You will be given some notes at the end, with the summary of the session and further resources.
This introduction is facilitated by Sandrine Cranswick, an experienced mindfulness teacher with over 25 years of meditation and mindfulness practice. Sandrine completed her mindfulness teacher training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University. She is listed on the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teachers. Sandrine has been teaching MBSR groups and One to One courses since 2014 at Cowdray Hall. She is also teaching mindfulness in the Workplace and has trained to teach in this field with Oxford Mindfulness Centre. For more info please visit: www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk
Testimonials for the introduction sessions:
Fabulous explanation of mindfulness and its application. Sandrine is obviously very knowledgeable and passionate on this subject and its benefits”. Sara
“A wonderful introduction – I felt welcome and changed throughout the evening from the stressed woman that walked in to a relaxed, hopeful and exited woman that left. Thank you!”
“Thank you Sandrine, a very enjoyable evening. I feel relaxed and inspired and very much looking forward to the course”.
Fee: £10 (£5 Concessions). Limited to 10. Please book in advance by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07976 751559View all events