Experience what life was like at Cowdray during Tudor Times.
Discover how and why the Ruins were built in the location they stand and the materials used. Journey into the stunning Walled Garden to find out about some of the plants and herbs that were used for cooking and medicine. Take a walk through the Tudor Kitchen concluding with a talk detailing how food was cooked and prepared at Cowdray.
Total experience time: 1 hour approximately.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Kitchen and Garden Experience, as you would expect there are certain procedures in place and we would politely ask you to please read on for details:
- This event involves walking in the vicinity of Cowdray Ruins and the Walled Garden and the route may be uneven or involve small steps, there is no access to the rest of Cowdray Ruins.
- Face coverings are required if visiting the Tudor Kitchen.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at key locations.
- Parking is available at The Walled Garden car park – please park with adequate spacing between your neighbour.
- Only Accredited Assistance dogs are permitted.
- All Visitors must buy on-line tickets
- We have no on-site catering or shop but the Cowdray Farm Shop and Café is a 10 minute walk away or a short drive.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms we would kindly ask you not to visit.
- This event is not suitable for children under the age of 8.
View all events