Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)
Duration: 8 Week MBSR course plus orientation session
Date: Tuesday 24 September to Tuesday 26 November from 7pm to 9pm, plus all day on Sunday 17 November.
Location: Cowdray Hall (Chapel), Parkway, Easebourne, Midhurst GU29 0AW, West Sussex
Fee: £250 including nine sessions, a retreat day, five recordings of guided mindfulness practices and a workbook.
This course is based on the original MBSR programme founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD, with added elements of MBCT, co-developed by Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University. These ‘Mindfulness-Based Courses’ are recommended by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care excellence).
This programme is evidence-based with a coherent structure, offering a practical ‘tool box’ and lifelong skills. Sandrine’s course is limited to 9 participants; to create a safe and friendly group dynamic, to have more space in the room and give individual attention during and between classes.
Throughout the 8 week course participants will learn and explore:
- A range of mindfulness practices easily applicable in our fast-paced world.
- Meditations with recordings provided, ranging from three to 40mins
- Exercises aimed at becoming aware of the workings of our mind, noticing habitual thought patterns
- Lifelong skills to release these unhelpful habits, beliefs, self-criticism.
- Stepping out of automatic pilot, living more in the present.
- Developing greater awareness, stillness, compassion for oneself and others.
- Responding versus reacting to our emotions and life’s challenges.
- The effects of stress on the body and how to reduce stress and anxiety
- Mindful communication
- Bringing mindfulness into your daily life in a practical way and adapted to your situation.
This course is facilitated by Sandrine Cranswick, an experienced mindfulness teacher with over 25 years of meditation practice. Sandrine is listed on the UK Network for Mindfulness Teachers.
For more information: http://www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk/courses/mbsr/
“Excellent course with a tutor who really creates a safe space to explore this skill” Lawyer 2019
” The course has given me invaluable tools to tackle challenging situations whenever they arise, as well as helping integrate a sense of calm throughout the day. Highly recommend!” P 2018
“I feel that having attended the 8 week MBSR course has really changed the way I am living my life..Anyone suffering from anxiety I would highly recommend this course. Sandrine is an amazing, inspirational teacher, a true master in her field” Tania 2017
“This 9 week introduction to mindfulness is truly, gently transformative. I would highly recommend Sandrine”.
“Doing this course has made an enormous difference to me. Depression and anxiety have been melting away and been replaced with a new joy in life”. Participant 2016