Evidence-based Mindfulness Course
Duration: Eight Week course plus orientation session
Date: 28th January to 31st March on Tuesdays 7pm to 9pm and all day on Saturday 21 March.
Location: Cowdray Hall (Chapel), Parkway, Easebourne, Midhurst GU29 0AW, West Sussex
Fee: £260 including 9 sessions, a retreat day, 5 recordings of mindfulness practices and a workbook
This course is the original MBSR programme founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn PhD, with added elements of MBCT (recommended by NICE), co-developed by Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University.
This programme is evidence-based with a coherent structure, offering a practical ‘tool box’ and lifelong skills. Sandrine’s course is limited to 9 participants; to create a safe and friendly group dynamic, to have more space in the room and give individual attention during and between classes.
Throughout the eight week course participants will learn and explore:
- A range of mindfulness practices easily applicable in our fast-paced world.
- Meditations with recordings provided, ranging from 3 to 40mins
- Exercises aimed at becoming aware of the workings of our mind, noticing habitual thought patterns
- Lifelong skills to release these unhelpful habits, beliefs, self-criticism.
- Stepping out of automatic pilot, living more in the present.
- Developing greater awareness, stillness, compassion for oneself and others.
- Responding versus reacting to our emotions and life’s challenges.
- The effects of stress on the body and how to reduce stress and anxiety
- Mindful communication
- Bringing mindfulness into your daily life in a practical way and adapted to your situation.
This course is facilitated by Sandrine Cranswick, a trained and experienced mindfulness teacher with over 25 years of meditation practice. Sandrine is listed on the British Association for MBAs (Bamba.org.uk).
Testimonials from the autumn 2019 course:
“I would recommend this course to everybody and hope that one day this is taught in all schools and is available to all. Those close to me have noticed very positive changes. I could not be happier”
“Thank you so much for such an amazing course, I feel like this is the beginning of a journey, and to exploring such an important life skill. I feel so grateful to have done this course”.
“Sandrine is an incredible special, warm, caring and kind person. She brings peace and calm to her sessions. She isn’t judgmental and is so supportive. She provides such a nurturing environment”
“Thank you Sandrine for the most amazing course. I have benefited so much”
” The course has given me invaluable tools to tackle challenging situations whenever they arise, as well as helping integrate a sense of calm throughout the day. Highly recommend!” P 2018
“I feel that having attended the 8 week MBSR course has really changed the way I am living my life. Anyone suffering from anxiety I would highly recommend this course. Sandrine is an amazing, inspirational teacher, a true master in her field” Tania 2017
For more information: http://www.mindfulness-midhurst.co.uk/courses/mbsr/