An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full/part time Commis Chef to join the team at Cowdray Farm Shop & Café.
This progressive family owned rural estate is located at the heart of the South Downs National Park and employs over 180 staff.
The estate is steeped in history and heritage. It contains the ruins of one of England most important early Tudor Houses and is the home of British Polo. There is also our award-winning Farm Shop & Café, a championship Golf Course, Holiday Accommodation, Wellbeing Centre and Cowdray House, a luxury event venue which sit alongside the more traditional estate activities including farming, forestry and deer management.
Cowdray Park is recognised worldwide as the ‘Home of British Polo’ and is one of the busiest clubs in the world with up to 450 matches played annually, the highlight of the season being the King Power for the British Open Polo Championship.
The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a hard working, sociable team and have fantastic customer service skills. We are ideally looking for experience, but it is equally important to find a team member that is confident, friendly and outgoing with a positive can-do attitude. Training can be provided.
- To produce good quality food in a busy environment
- To integrate well into the team
- To run a busy section and help others
- Works well with others in busy conditions
- To maintain good hygiene and standards at all times
- Hours worked approx. 8am to 5pm
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Training can be provided
- Exemplary work ethic
- Experience in catering and hospitality preferred
- Work well under pressure and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Honed time management skills
- The Cowdray Estate offers a comprehensive wellbeing programme such as fortnightly massages, meditation sessions, and exercise classes
- Discount card for our award winning Farm Shop and Café
- Death in Service benefit
- Calendar of social events to be enjoyed throughout the year
- Part time – no evenings.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Ben Jupp at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.