Do you have fantastic customer service skills with an exceptional level of detail and would enjoy working as part of fast-moving events team?
Cowdray Events, near Midhurst, is currently looking for an Events Chef to join our Events team. Candidates should have a passion for delivering great customer service within a 5-star environment, a can-do attitude, and the ability to multi-task under pressure.
Cowdray Events operates across a wide range of venues on the Estate including Cowdray House, Polo Hospitality, Golf Clubhouse and Walled Garden
The Estate Event team is an exciting outgoing team that pride themselves in delivering the very highest standards. The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a hard-working, outgoing team and have fantastic customer service skills. We are ideally looking for someone who has wide hospitality & Kitchen experience, but it is equally important to find team members that are confident, friendly, and approachable with a positive can-do attitude.
Responsibilities across all venues:
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of our events menus and Clubhouse offerings within Cowdray Events Ltd.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Capability and commitment to delivering high levels of guest care.
- Experience in a similar role within a 5-star environment is preferable.
- Attention to detail.
- A smart and professional appearance.
- A positive attitude, flexibility, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Menu planning and costings.
- Up to date hygiene and sanitation qualifications.
- knowledge of food and health codes.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Working knowledge of food preparation and safety.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Customer service
- Communication and Numeracy skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Adaptability and appreciation of diversity
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Honesty and integrity
- Sense of urgency
- High energy level
The role is based at multiple sites across the Cowdray estate, inclusive of Cowdray House, the Holiday Cottages, Cowdray Lodge, and the Walled Garden. Due to the location of each site, candidates must have access to their own transport.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.