An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Events Manager to join the Cowdray Events team, reporting to the Head of Operations (Events).
This progressive family-owned rural estate is located at the heart of the South Downs National Park and employs over 200 staff.
The Estate is steeped in history and heritage. It contains the ruins of one of England most important early Tudor Houses and is the home of British Polo. There is also an award-winning Farm Shop & Café, a championship Golf Course, Holiday Accommodation, Wellbeing Centre and Cowdray House, a luxury event venue which sit alongside the more traditional estate activities including farming, forestry and property management.
This exciting and varied post supports the Head of Operations in the day to day running of The Cowdray Events Business, and the delivery of world-class events within Cowdray House.
As Events Manager, you will take ownership of the events diary within Cowdray House, managing the house operations team as well as external suppliers, you will be responsible for all events from the date of booking, delivery and follow up.
To be successful you will need the ability to work flexibly, including evenings and 5 days out of 7. Due to the nature of the operation, there will be times when you are the only member of staff on site, and are required to remain on site overnight (staff accommodation is provided).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining exacting standards and adhering to operating procedures in a 5-star environment across departments including event planning, housekeeping, catering, and maintenance.
- Managing the on-event Operational team, Contractors and Event Suppliers to ensure the cohesive delivery of all events.
- Managing every element of on-event delivery, from client arrival and departures, overseeing all suppliers and activities, to delivering the food and beverage offering and concierge service as required.
- Managing the planning of events, completion of paperwork such as event schedules, revenue control and maintenance across all event venues.
- Ownership of the guest experience — from the time of booking confirmation, planning the detail of the event, through to the stay and guest departure.
- Ensuring that the venue(s) and contents are kept safe at all times and mitigating the risk of damage.
- Reporting damages and faults within the house ensuring that they are communicated to the relevant departments and repaired in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Head of Operations in managing the budget and working to improve margins.
- Working with the Head of Operations to develop SOPs for all elements of the event planning and management process and ensuring that these are followed at all times.
- Being fully conversant with, and adhering to, health and safety procedures across the property.
- Managing the house operations team, conducting regular one-to-one meetings, setting objectives, and carrying out annual reviews.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Relevant experience delivering a 5-star service within an events or hospitality environment
- Exceptional organisational, administrative and communication skills, and someone who can work under their own initiative
- Immaculate personal presentation and a confident, professional, and welcoming personality
- Fluent and clear spoken English with an excellent telephone manner
- Experienced in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- We provide all guests with absolute and unequivocal privacy during their stay. It is therefore necessary for the successful candidate to adhere to strict confidentiality protocol at all times
A competitive salary of between £26,000-£28,000 dependant on experience.
The opportunity to be awarded a bonus based on the delivery of enhanced and sustained profits.
The package will include pension contribution and life assurance. 26 days of annual leave to be offered, in addition to public holidays.
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th February 2022. Please note that applications may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
This job description will be subject to review.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.