An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Porter to join the award-winning Farm Shop Café at Cowdray only at the weekends.
This progressive family-owned rural estate is located at the heart of the South Downs National Park and employs over 200 staff.
The Estate is steeped in history and heritage. It contains the ruins of one of England’s most important early Tudor Houses and is the home of British Polo. There is also an award-winning Farm Shop & Café, a championship Golf Course, Holiday Accommodation, Wellbeing Centre and Cowdray House, a luxury event venue which sit alongside the more traditional estate activities including farming, forestry and deer management.
The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a hard working, sociable team. We are ideally looking for experience, but it is more important to find a team member that is confident, friendly and outgoing with a positive can-do attitude.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include:
• Keeping kitchen areas clean and sanitized
• Washing all cooking tools and utensils fast
• Supporting kitchen staff by taking on food prep tasks
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to clean our kitchen and support our cooking staff. This is an entry-level job but if you’re good at it, you’ll be invaluable in making sure our kitchen is always sanitized and tidy.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and occasionally helping with food prep work. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster.
• Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized
• Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts
• Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
• Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation
• Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries
• Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
• Take out the garbage
• Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed
• A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
• The ability to stand for long hours
• Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
• Good organizational skills
• The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
• Patience and cool-headedness
Part time and weekends only; no evening work.
- The Cowdray Estate offers a comprehensive wellbeing programme such as fortnightly massages, meditation sessions, circuits and stretch exercise classes, e-biking
- Discount card for our award-winning Farm Shop and Café
- Death in Service benefit
- Calendar of social events to be enjoyed throughout the year
- Discounted golf club membership, subject to approval
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.