An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager to help with the management and running of the Café.
This progressive family owned rural estate is located at the heart of the South Downs National Park and employs over 200 staff.
The Estate is steeped in history and heritage. It contains the ruins of one of England most important early Tudor Houses and is the home of British Polo. There is also our award-winning Farm Shop & Café, a championship Golf Course, Holiday Accommodation, Wellbeing Centre and Cowdray House, a luxury event venue which sit alongside the more traditional estate activities including farming, forestry and deer management.
The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a hardworking, sociable team and have fantastic customer service skills. You will have previous supervisory experience, be confident, friendly, and outgoing, with a positive can-do attitude.
This role is part of the café management team, working alongside the Manager. You will be responsible for helping to run this busy enterprise. As well as your day to day responsibilities, the role has an emphasis on training, development and motivation of our Café team.
We want an individual who really enjoys good food and is interested to learn more about where their food comes from, how it is made and how best to enjoy it. We want people who recognise that there are opportunities within our business to build a career, starting at the grass roots and learning the skills to enable you to take on more challenges and with that, more responsibility.
- Day to day running of the Café & Cowdray Express, to include all training of team members
- Assist with managing the Café team, working alongside the Café Manager
- Maintaining health and hygiene standards
- Opening and closing the Café including cashing up
- You will have special responsibility for training and development of the team, including the formal appraisal process and arranging team building activities & events.
- Responsible for Café ordering system and wastage monitoring.
- Assisting the Café Manager in developing the Café’s offering and growing the business.
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Have a good solid work ethic, willing to perform any duties that might be expected of the team
- Extensive experience in catering and hospitality, with barista training preferred.
- Experience of high street coffee shop multiples would be welcome
- Able to demonstrate a real flare for leadership and be a motivating force within the team
- Work well under pressure and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer facing role
- Excellent communication skills and proven organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Honed time management skills
- Food Hygiene – Level 2 preferred
- Previous supervisory experience essential
A competitive package is available for the right candidate.
Benefits to include:
- The Cowdray Estate offers a comprehensive wellbeing programme such as, meditation sessions and exercise classes
- Discount card for our award-winning Farm Shop and Café
- Calendar of social events to be enjoyed throughout the year
- Full time, 45 hours per week, between 8am – 5.30pm on a rota pattern including weekend work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.