Terms and Conditions
Play by the rules
Conditions of Membership
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All memberships include Affiliation Fees and VAT and are subject to approval by the Director of Golf.
- Membership renewals are due 1st January with the option of a monthly Direct Debit or a single payment. There will be an additional £30 charge for those selecting to pay via Direct Debit. If a member cancels their direct debit or there are insufficient funds in their account to collect payment, membership will be suspended until payments are bought up to date.
- All current members are encouraged to renew as promptly as possible after 1st January as pro-rata discount will not be available for those renewing later in the year. Membership must be paid in full or Direct Debits set up by Sunday 5th January 2020 or playing rights will be suspended and members will not be entitled to enter competitions.
- If you decide to terminate your membership, you must advise the club in writing and return your membership card to the Pro-Shop. Should you decide to re-join the club at a later date, the full joining fee will be payable.
- Full members, Over 75’s/80’s & Five Day members are entitled to 2 x complimentary Cowdray green fee vouchers if they renew in full by Sunday 5th January 2020. Over 80’s are also entitled to 5 complimentary buggy vouchers when payment is made in full before Sunday 5th January 2020.
- To qualify for age specific membership categories, the club will take the age of the member on 1st January 2020. The next renewal will be 1st April 2021.
- Your current membership card will remain effective for the duration of your membership and must be swiped in the Pro Shop prior to playing each round.
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. If a member needs to cancel their booking, they should do so at the earliest possible time so that the tee time can be made available.
- All full members are entitled to introduce a maximum of 3 guests per day at reduced rates. The same guest may only play 6 times per year on this rate. Members must sign in all guests in the Pro Shop before play.
- The rules adopted by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews shall govern play on the golf course.
- If a Full member is unable to play for a minimum period of 3 consecutive months, due to a medical condition, the Club may offer a discretionary discount of up to 15% from their next year’s membership if agreed by the Director of Golf.
- We reserve the right to close the course for essential maintenance, Open competitions and Charity golf days, but notice of these dates will be provided well in advance.
- The opening hours of the clubhouse and use of the course will be fixed by the club management and updated regularly. We request that a ‘smart casual’ standard of dress is observed in the clubhouse, at all times. This is at the discretion of the club management.
- The club is not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of personal property left on or around the premises or car park. This includes items left in lockers.
- Abusive, offensive or threatening behaviour is prohibited on the course and in the clubhouse, at all times. Violation of this rule may result in immediate termination of membership rights.
ADDITIONAL TERMS RELATING TO THE COWDRAY LIFESTYLE CARD
- The Cowdray Lifestyle Card and additional credits must be paid for in full and in advance. The agreement is for the calendar year. There will be no pro-rata discounts or refunds available. A Lifestyle card holder can upgrade to a Full member at the end of the calendar year, but not during the year.
- Credits can be topped up throughout the year and there is no ceiling to topping up. A minimum of £100 for 100 credits at a time, but there is no maximum top up. Credits will expire at the end of the year and cannot be rolled forward or transferred to guests.
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. If a member needs to cancel their booking, they should do so at the earliest possible time. 5 credits will be deducted from members’ accounts if they do not check-in for their allotted booking.
- All Lifestyle card holders must check-in at the Pro-shop PRIOR to playing golf.
A FINAL NOTE
- Perhaps our most important prerequisite to membership at Cowdray Park Golf Club, is to respect fellow members, the course and staff, so that we are all able to enjoy this great game and the beautiful views and surroundings that this fantastic golf course is proud to offer. Cowdray Park Golf Club reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.