Terms and Conditions
Play by the rules
Conditions of Membership
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2022/2023:
- All memberships are valid between the 1st April 2022 and the 31st March 2023. The commitment from the member is for the full 12-month duration. All fees include affiliation fees, VAT and playing privileges. Each membership is subject to approval from the Director of Golf. Competition fees are not included.
- Membership fees are due on the 1st April and can be paid in a single payment or via monthly Direct Debit, (not applicable to Lifestyle Card). If a member cancels their Direct Debit or there are insufficient funds to collect the amount, membership will be suspended until payments are bought up to date. To avoid this, please contact the Director of Golf immediately if there are any issues.
- All members will play the course adhering to the three fundamental components of golf etiquette, REPLACING all divots, REPAIRING all pitchmarks on the greens and RAKING each bunker after play.
- All members are encouraged to renew as close to the 1st April as possible as pro-rata discount will not be available for those who renew later in the year. All playing rights will be suspended, including entry into competitions until payment is received.
- If you decide to terminate your membership at anytime, you must advise the Director of Golf in writing and return your membership card. Should you decide to re-join the Club at a later date, you will be able to join the waiting list and the applicable joining fee will be a payable.
- To qualify for age specific categories, the age of the member is relevant on the 1st
- All members are encouraged to check in to play in advance of each round in the Pro Shop.
- A maximum of a 15% discount is applicable to any Full category member for up to three months off due to injury or illness. This is solely at the discretion of the Director of Golf. This does not apply to Lifestyle Card holders.
- Full playing categories may not change to a Lifestyle Card during the renewal year.
- Members can book tee times for play up to two weeks in advance. If a tee time has to be cancelled, this must be done at the earliest possible convenience to make the time available for others.
- All members are entitled to introduce a maximum of three guests per day at reduced rates. The same guest can be introduced a maximum of five times throughout the renewal period on this basis. Members must sign in all guests in the Pro Shop before play.
- The Rules of Golf as sanctioned by the R and A apply. We reserve the right to close the course for essential maintenance, as well as charity days and Open competitions. We also reserve the right to amend bookings and fixtures. Advanced notice of these will always be provided.
- The first tee time will be 07.30am daily and full priority is given to the greenstaff in advance of play.
- The opening hours of the Clubhouse will be confirmed by the club management and updated regularly.
- A relaxed, but smart casual dress standard is expected both on the course and in the clubhouse at all times. This is at the discretion of the management.
- Buggy usage is subject to management protocols. Any misuse will lead to the privilege being withdrawn.
- Abusive, offensive or threatening behaviour or language is prohibited on the course, in the Clubhouse and in any area of the Club, in particular towards staff. Any violation of this may result in immediate termination of membership rights.
ADDITIONAL TERMS relating to the Cowdray Lifestyle Card:
- The Cowdray Lifestyle Card and additional credits must be paid in full and in advance. The agreement is for the renewal period of the 1st April-31st There are no pro-rata discounts or refunds available.
- A Lifestyle Card holder can upgrade to a Full member at the end of the renewal period, but not during the year.
- Credits are purely for the Lifestyle Card holder’s playing privileges and are not transferable to guests.
- Credits can be topped up throughout the year. There is a minimum spend of £100 for 100 credits, however there is no maximum top-up spend.
- Any unused credits from the previous renewal period may be rolled forward. This is only applicable for members who renew their Lifestyle Card subscription fee.
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. If a booking needs to be cancelled, it must be done at the earliest possible opportunity. We reserve the right to charge credits to a member who does not check in for their booking time.
- All Lifestyle card holders MUST check in at the Pro Shop prior to playing, confirming either 9 or 18 holes.
A FINAL NOTE:
- Our most important prerequisite to membership at Cowdray is to respect staff, fellow golfers and all of our facilities. We want you to enjoy this great game along with the beautiful, views and surroundings that our fantastic course is proud to offer. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time.