Excitement is growing as we are looking forward to our golf course improvement plan. The first stage of the project is to focus on the Academy Course and as such the area including the practice chipping green is no longer in play until completion of the project.
Working alongside renowned architect Will Swan from Swan Golf Designs and preferred contractors Profusion, the plan is to create a fit for purpose, year-round area that will provide a memorable playing experience for all whilst also elevating the practice facilities for members.
Although the routing of the course will not change dramatically, the area will have:
- Holes measured between 60 and 120 yards in length.
- Greens constructed to USGA standard, creating year-round playability.
- Each hole to include a bunker built to the same specification as the main course plan.
- Irrigation installed along each playing area.
- The tee areas will be finished with high grade all weather mats.
- A redesigned shortgame practice green and bunker, which will enable practice to better reflect the conditions of the main course.
The main course work will commence on the 4th September, which will coincide with our annual greens maintenance. Completion for the project is scheduled for March 2024.
Written by Tim Allen.
Back to News